Double Header Sunday, Two important games for four teams involved…
First Game, Delhi take on Mumbai, Later yet to register themselves in the point table, having lost 6 games in a trot, certainly needed a turn around, if they have any thought of Play offs. Mumbai won the toss and decided to bat first, another change in opening partnership where Dwayne Smith walked out with Sachin, but later failed to deliver, followed a straight drive from Sachin and tickle from Umesh to see Dinesh Karthik’s back as he was backing up too far. Both Rohit & Sachin up the antics to stick a partnership 96 runs between them and few lusty blows from Pollard ensured Mumbai scored 161 in 20 overs. Delhi came out with a piece of advise from the Calypso legend Viv Richards who has joined as the mentor. Oh… Man… Now the whole world want to know what Viv has said… Both Shewag & Jayawardene came out all guns blazing and smoked Mumbai Indians bowling and stitched the highest partnership for this season to win it all hands down with 18 balls to spare. Where was this Delhi hiding all this days….? Man from Caribbean came to woke up the tigers i guess…
Delhi Daredevils won the match by 9 wickets with 18 balls to spare…
Second Game, Where most would not be interested PWI Vs KXIP, all would have expected a low scoring affair and not a big game of cricket. But to all surprise came the highest scoring game of this season. For the first time this season Batsmen have called the shots and not the bowlers. For Pune it was Uthappa, Finch, Yuvaraj & Luke Wright who massacred the KXIP bowlers and scored 185 runs. Later KXIP in chase looked almost out when they lost Skipper Gilly & Azhar Mahmood in the space of 7 balls, leaving 5/2 in 1.1 overs. Manan Vohra came together with Mandeep Singh to get a fifty partnership before throwing his wicket away, But David Miller 80*(41) made sure his gritty knock doesn’t go vain as he and Mandeep Singh 77*(58) scored the winning runs in the penultimate ball to clinch a thriller…
Kings XI Punjab won the match by 7 wickets with 1 ball to spare…
Interesting Stats IPL 6 Day 19:
- Praveen Kumar bowled the 15th Maiden of this season.
- Both Praveen Kumar & Bhuvaneshwar Kumar now has taken 3 wickets in their first over in this season.
- 34 runs scored by Luke Wright in 10 balls is the highest by any player in IPL, previous best was by Albie Morkel who scored 28* in 10 balls.
- This is third time both Uthappa & Finch has stitched together a fifty partnership, highest by any team so far in this season.
- Out of 7 matches Pune has played, 5 times they have gone past 40 runs in powerplay over including today.
- Aaron Finch scored the 200th Six of this tournament.
- Sachin Tendulkar became the 24th Batsmen to reach 100 runs in this season of IPL.
- Rohit Sharma acored the 700th Boundary of this season.
- Rohit Sharma scored his 18th IPL half century; Only Gambhir is ahead of him scoring 19 IPL fifties.
- This is 6th time Kieron Pollard has ended an innings with a six in a T20 tournament.
- 2 times out of 8 occasions (including today) where Delhi have chased 160+ score, previous occasion also came against same opponent Mumbai Indians.
- This is the first time in David Warner has played & not opened the innings for Delhi daredevils.
- 151 runs partnership between Jaywardene & Shewag is the highest for any wicket in this season of IPL and also against Mumbai for any wicket for Delhi.
- 100 reached in 9.5 overs by Delhi is the fastest by any team in this season.
- Mandeep Singh became the first KXIP player to score a fifty for this season (almost after 6 games KXIP end the fifty drought). This is also Mandeep singh’s third fifty in IPL Career.
- Jaywardene became the 45th victim to be dismissed by Lasith Maliga either by Bowled or Leg Before Wicket. Overall Malinga has 86 IPL wickets.
- David Miller scored his maiden IPL fifty, his previous highest score was 34 runs against Mumbai Indians.
- This Sunday double header saw 7 fifties in just two games.
- Virender Shewag also scored the highest score by any individual for this season scoring 95*(57) bettering Virat Kohli’s 93*(47) against Sunrisers.
- IPL has seen 8 century stands for the fourth wicket including today’s 128 runs between Mandeep Singh & David Miller, in fact KXIP this is the first century partnership for fourth wicket.
- 185 runs scored by PWI is their third Highest total in IPL, and four times they have gone past 180+ runs in IPL but ironically they have lost 3 times even after a big score including the one today.
- Now Mohali joins the pitch which offer 180+ runs chase along with Bangalore where both the pitches has 4 successful 180+ score chases.
At the end of DAY 19 in IPL 6:
Total no. of Boundaries – 761
Total no. of Sixes – 209
Longest Six – 106 Meters by Chris Gayle (SRH)
Most no. of Fours – Virat Kohli (33) followed by G.Gambhir (33)
Most no. of Sixes – Chris Gayle (17) followed by Rohit Sharma (15)
Orange Cap – Virat Kohli (322) followed by G.Gambhir (260)
Purple Cap – Vinay Kumar (12) followed by Sunil Narine (11)
Best Batting Performance: Virender Shewag (95*(57)) Vs SRH
Best Bowling Figures – Sunil Narine (4/13 Vs DD)
Most Dot Balls Bowled – Dale Steyn (85) followed by Ishant Sharma (75)
Fastest Ball of IPL 6 – Shaun Tait (153.43 KMH) followed by Dale Steyn (152.48KMH)
Fairplay Award – Rajasthan Royals.